How long until I can go back to work without everyone knowing?

Booked my transplant for the second week of November and I'm now stressing about the boring practical stuff instead of the surgery itself.I work in an open-plan office, client calls on camera pretty much daily, and I really don't want my coworkers to know. Not because I'm ashamed exactly, I just don't want to be "the guy who got hair done" for the next five years lol. It's a hairline/temple job, around 2,500 grafts, FUE.

The clinic said "most people go back to work in 5 to 7 days" but I'm skeptical. I've seen photos from day 5 and it looks like someone sprinkled red pepper across a forehead.

When did the scabs and redness fade enough that nobody noticed?

2

Comments

Log in to comment.

CaptainPancake · 16 hours ago
I took 10 days off and honestly wish I'd taken 14. The scabs were mostly gone by day 8 or 9, but the redness on my forehead lasted around 3 weeks. Nobody really noticed it in person unless they were looking closely, but you could definitely see it in photos with good lighting.
Bricklayer · 16 hours ago
Just say it’s a minor medical procedure or a small outpatient thing. Most people won’t dig into it because asking details about someone’s health is kind of awkward.

Hair Transplant Questions

Use this board to ask questions about hair transplants, clinics, doctors, procedures, recovery, grafts, and related topics.

Back to community

Rules

Stay on topic Be respectful No spam or self-promotion Be honest about your experience No misleading information Don't post private information about patients, doctors, clinic staff, or other users. No duplicate posts Ask specific questions Remember: community advice is not medical advice Always consult a qualified medical professional for advice about your individual situation.